Tuesday, February 2, 2010

celebrate

last night was defiantly a blast. and really unexpected too. I was really tired and worn out from the day/week/month, but last night with the Avila family, and wii, plus chai and talking, really, almost like re-energized me.
And that is one of those elements I think that every church should have and is lacking as of right now.
we are all a family, and no matter how much I'm a lover and respecter of being by myself or indulging in work, and achieving,
 still the time being spent in a cheerful atmosphere  of talking, laughing, connecting, playing games, having fun, kind of wasting time, just letting it all go and listening and watching other people. It's much needed. I love when there is alot of different people too.
I think churches should have the atmosphere of going out together, doing things together and not being so separate and unrelated and far of from each other.
kind of like the organic church, the church in the first few years after death and resurrection of Christ.
or like the pilgrims, their life revolved around church,family, friends.
I know saying this practically puts me in the grandmother position but its crucial to have this family atmosphere around you, and in the church. otherwise I'd rather not come to church at  all. I can praise God and pray by myself in a room and have it 2x more enjoyable and real, but a church is the gathering of the redeemed and we should all celebrate and have fun when we're together.