Saturday, January 30, 2010

what I do the whole night

These wonderful stairs turned out very much tiring. I started out at 12am painting the sides white, that took me about 3 hours. Than I was gone and came back around 9pm. after all the measurements, tea's, coffees, talks, laughs etc. I finally got to taping the stairs (cause the middle is all black, and the sides are all white) so I taped it all out, so no black would go on the white and vice versa and you get the whole point.
so I finally started slapping that paint on the wood at about 11pm. now it is 4 am and I am still not done. 

been doing ridiculous acrobatic poses to reach corners. I guess I forgot how precise and hard painting with black is. I have to put on a layer, than wait about 30 min. than another layer, and so on for 4 layers on each step.
the worst part? well dear brother woke up at 3:30 am, started tumbling down the half wet black stairs.
dear sister decided to finally ascend upstairs at 4am to go to bed.
I thought doing it over night would be perfect by the time everyone would wake up it would be dry.
I try to be quick, but I'm still so slow, and I over pour the paint into the palette, yes it does dry up fast and no, no one is helping me. my whole hand is black, and my hoodie is dripped in a huge coffee stain. I don't think much after 1am sadly. dilemma, dilemma.
And now I am sitting here eating a cookie and thinking how dumb the whole celebrity look alikes thing is on facebook. Good night.