Saturday, January 9, 2010

coals


 the light in the room was perfect, dimmed and orange just like I like it, and the rapid burning fire in the brick chimney was just the perfect touche. 
a black coal caught my attention and leaving the other drawing behind I attempted to scribble away with a coal. it looked interesting... so I mixed up some paints (70% white and 30% green) and in a very refreshing tone outlined some lines in the blackness. wanting to make the drawing fatter, I got a new fat coal from the fire and scribbled to the tune of the music (the best way to draw ever). it looked interesting but I felt like maybe it didn't look as good as it could, so I used the coal again to the loud music. 
in a few minutes I noticed mistakes, so I scribbled some more, than I saw some more mistakes and than it went on and on until I was left with the biggest mistake of all time; just a paper covered 70% in dusty blackness.
of course being raised up to make the best of everything, I fixed it fast into moderne ikea-inspired abstract caractère mignon.
the whole point behind all of this? people, circumstances, situations. mistakes happen and we tend to, or at least I know I do, cover it up and scribble away with the coal, but it all gets worse. why don't we just stop trying to make it all creative and fix it all the time when something happens not as good as we wanted it to be? leaving it the way it is, and in the hands of God, than we wont have these black messy holes and huge mistakes that we than have to lightly summon up all the creativity ever to at least make it understandable.
I confuse myself.