Friday, March 5, 2010

period of absence

Here I am sitting on a big bed that is not my own. For the past two weeks I have been home for only 2 days. Two nights that I linger on. I want to be home, I want to drink homemade lattes on a new leather couch by the fire with parents and Shula cuddled in my arms. I want to hear their voices, their every single word. I don't even want to get out of the house and go anywhere, I'd rather sleep on a cold hard floor, or not even sleep at all, but be under the same roof with them rather than be on a huge soft bed surrounded by lots of pillows but being far away from them. I used to love independency, I still do. But for this one short month of parents being here, my two most loved people on earth, I want to be with them and no where else, with no one else.
But here I fall asleep again, in a room, in a house, in a bed, on a street, that is away from them.
You never know what you got till its gone...treasure it while you have it...