Friday, December 30, 2011

It is time to make an After-Christmas post. Sometimes it feels like the week after Christmas is one of the most awkward ones of the year! And I'm guessing the week after New Year is pretty awkward too.  Everyone spends like a whole month preparing for the holidays, and than... all of a sudden everything is over... And everyones trying to trudge back to a normal life.
Not me though of course. I've hardly been home, and today felt like such a great day just because I could stay home and wash the floors!!!
Maybe it has something to do with someones birthday being right after Christmas. Like my dad's. I love my dad:)
Or maybe I've taken each day with happiness and an easy spirit.

For the past several years, my family has started an amazing new tradition for New Year. As soon as the clock ticks 12:00 and the New Year begins; we kneel down on our knees and spend the next hour or so in prayer.
 The most best part about it? God has answered everything I was praying about those first few minutes of the new year. It's almost like a special time... a favored time God has for listening..
It's been such an amazing year. The good, the bad and the unwritable.
This time last year I was packing and saying 'Good bye America' and January 1st was met in Kiev Ukraine.
You know how it sometimes feels like years have gone by, at the same time it feels like it's only been a week, but the truth is that only one regular year has happened? My thoughts exactly.

Where were you this time last year? Are you happy with how 2011 turned out to be?

P.s. totally doing this frame idea somewhere in the house!:)