Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tonight Esther and I were cleaning out the shed in our back yard which was a mess in the size of a huge headache for me, something I couldn't take my mind off day after day. As I was sweeping and washing the wooden floors in there (under a lamp with a smell that made me want to go camping) and Esther was re-orginizing everything, I thought how in the world we had let ourself let this place down. It's not that hard to keep a place up, even if it's outside and you never go in there.
Then I thought that the reason was because people like us put things off thinking that it's some big task, too big to be done right now, today. But the truth is that if you ever plan to eat an elephant (yes excuse the overused old quote from somewhere about elephants and tasks) it will only get done one bite at a time, and you can start biting today, right now. Or better put the phrase that echoes in my head each morning; "just one thousand simple tasks". Same applies for relationships too.

















count down towards parent's coming...something Shu and I painted..