Friday, October 30, 2009

afternoon naps

oh how I hate you afternoon naps!
 I'm not the only one who laid down just for 'a few minutes' to get over a head ache or a stomach ache or a stress ache, next thing you know, its like 6pm or so
and you feel like a complete failure
or idiot
now its 7pm and to wake up at 6am like I want to, I'd need to go to sleep at around 10pm,
except for thanks to the nap, I just lie in darkness staring out the window until 2am
than I somehow fall asleep, wake up at 10pm feel like an idiot
and the cycle repeats.
except no it will not
 no matter how much the urge to fall asleep at 2pm overtakes me
or how much my stomach burns or my head bursts open
I'll keep awake and do jumping jacks and turn on some kind of techno gulp down a bucket of coffee and  learn the art of staying awake at mid-noon.
hoping this will work...