Sunday, June 5, 2011

Ukraine has really, really bad water.
We put up a filter in the kitchen for the cooking, but the bathroom doesn't get a filter.
My skin is really, really sensitive, thus I've been having big time problems because of this evil water, especially the sensitive areas like my neck and face.
 Irritated skin like never before and different pricy lotions and potions don't do their over-estimated magic. The amount of foundation and concealers I use is hazardous, seriously.
I've just been so down about it. A lot of people living here are used to it I guess, their skin has harshened and adjusted, their teeth yellowed, their hair thinned, the subject of water is officially irrelevant to them.
I have this incurable love for long baths, soakings, different salts and bubbles and creams. It seems like I can't just give that up, even if the after-bath state of skin is something that makes me not want to wake up in the mornings.
I feel like I'm in Africa? All of a sudden I'm interested in the development of water in Ukraine, where can they possibly dig up such a hazard well of water for living human beings?!
Blogs are for venting and ranting. and I'm done.