Sunday, August 1, 2010

Follow your heart, believe in yourself, just be yourself; 

Honestly those are the most stupid prettiest phrases that we like to believe in. 

The New Testament constantly talks about 'putting on Christ' about Christ 'being formed in us' about our coming to 'have the mind of Christ' or 'dressing up' as a son of God

Believing in God, not your own self. Because we are nothing without Him, there's nothing to believe in if its just us alone, people fail.
Jeremiah 17:9 says 'The heart is deceitful above all things' So why would you follow it, and try to pursued others into it. If I followed my heart, I'd never get out of bed. Simple as that.
And I don't want to be myself,  I want to be like Jesus. I don't want to find myself, I want to find God, and lose all that I am in Him.
It's sad how so many people go around stuck with those 'yourself' phrases where they put all their reliance on themselves.